The Liebster Blog Award
[dropcap type=”square” text=”A” text_color=”#ffffff” bg_color=”#ff8c00″] big thank you goes out to Tara Ford for inviting me to join the Liebster Blog Award. Tara Ford is the author of “Calling All Services” which will be launching soon.
You can find Tara Ford at the links below.
The Liebster Blog Award is all about getting recognition to blogs and authors that have a smaller following. My job is to post 11 random facts about me, answer Tara’s 11 questions and then come up with 11 of my own for 11 more authors to do as I did (11 facts, answer 11 questions, create 11 and then get 11 more authors to do so).
Read on for the full post!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I work full time, run my own freelance graphic design business on the side and I just had my first child.
2. I spend most of my days running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything done. Balancing work with my writing, side jobs and family life leaves me pretty busy.
3. I have lost around 200 lbs and have kept 80% of the weight off (and working that 20% back off!) for over 6 years now.
4. A photo featuring me is on the cover of a major recording artists latest album (I am also thanked in the booklet).
5. I have worked as a “game journalist” in the past.
6. The Foo Fighters are my favorite band of all time. And should be yours.
7. I was featured on some promotional materials for the Cincinnati Reds for 2 years in a row.
8. I’ve had several items published in a local paper.
9. I am a big movie buff and have a film collection full of over 200 dvds and blu-ray discs.
10. I sing loudly in my car regardless if the windows are up or down.
11. I have a very silly and sarcastic sense of humor. Sometimes it surprises even me.
Tara’s 11 Questions
1. What type of person are you, i.e. stubborn, easy-going, lazy, over-emotional, level-headed etc?
You could say for the most part I am easy-going but I have my stubborn/lazy moments.
2. What type of people (A) Annoy you and (B) Inspire you and why?
Lately most of the people that annoy me are drivers who can’t seem to follow the basic laws that are there to help out those around you (i.e. using your turn signal, using your signal not at the last second, running red lights, changing lanes without a signal, doing 30 under the speed limit). Those who inspire me are the ones that give theirs lives to helping others and do whatever it takes to follow their dreams.
3. If you could turn back time, what age would you go back to and why?
Probably to my early teenage years. I was overweight, shy and not very outgoing. I’d want to go back and change all that.
4. If you could have a special power, what would it be and why?
To heal others. I have many family and friends that are dealing with diseases and other life altering conditions and I would love the ability to strip that all away from them and give them, well, themselves back.
5. If you could own any company/organization in the world, which one would it be and why?
I’ve always day dreamed about running my own company that would be in the marketing/design field. One where I could make sure the employees felt like they matter and actually want to come into work everyday. I don’t know if there is an already established company I would want to run, maybe Random House so I can give more authors a chance at publication.
6. If you came back in an afterlife as an animal, which would it be and why?
I think I would probably want to be a dog. I mean your entire life is sleeping, eating and playing. What more could you want?
7. If you had to travel back in time, which era would you have lived in and why?
The era I would want to live in would probably be the renaissance era mainly to be engrossed in the art that was being produced in that time. It would be amazing growing up in such an artistic time. I’ve also always been fascinated by the medieval time period so I believe I would want to go back then to see how life really was. I don’t know if I really would want to live in that time period but definitely would love to see it!
8. If a new creature was discovered on this planet that was a cross between a spider, elephant, duck-billed platypus and a hamster, what would it be called and what would it look like?
I would call it bob (an inside joke) and I think it would look more like the platypus and hamster mixed with some elephant ears. As little of the spider as humanly possible.
9. Stranded on a deserted island, you are allowed three items, what are they?
A notebook with attached pen (that counts as one :P), a battery powered boombox loaded with cds (gotta have my music) and lots and lots of batteries. Yeah, I kinda cheated. 😛
10. Do you have any phobias, if so what are they?
I still am uneasy with heights but I’m better then what I used to be. Don’t care for spiders too much and will squish every single one that comes in to sight. I feel the same way about snakes.
11. If it were the end of the world tomorrow, what three things would you want to do/see etc?
I have always wanted to see the pyramids in Egypt so that would definitely be one. I’ve also always wanted to travel to Australia and New Zealand. The final thing would be to spend as much time as possible with my wife and daughter.
My 11 Questions
1. What is one music album that you could listen to every day and never get tired of it?
2. Who would play you in the movie about your life?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. Toilet paper roll, over or under?
5. What is the greatest book you have ever read?
6. What is your greatest goal that you have set in life?
7. What is one thing you could change about your life if you could?
8. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
9. Who or what has been the biggest influence on your life?
10. If you could be a professional sports player, what sport would you choose and why?
11. Are you a glass half full or half empty type of person?
I’ll give this post an update as I find 11 authors to join in!